Graitec Releases Version 2022 of Advance PowerPack
June 2021 – GRAITEC, an international software developer for AEC, is delighted to announce that Advance PowerPack 2022 has been released. Advance PowerPack is a set of user-centric daily tools that enhances your productivity when using Autodesk solutions such as Autodesk Revit and Autodesk Advance Steel. Extend your BIM workflows with the Advance PowerPack from Graitec!
With Advance Powerpack 2022, Graitec delivers to Autodesk users highly valuable tools to increase their productivity and efficiency when using Advance Steel® or Revit® with 00’s of new features in different areas:
- Place dimensions in Revit® faster than you have ever dreamed about with the new quick dimension tool from the Advance PowerPack for Revit®: just draw a line and the tool places a dimension considering all intersected objects.
- Many new Rebar modelling and detailing tools inside the Advance PowerPack for Revit: rebar constrains improvements, new views and drawings creation mechanism, RC Slabs grouping, filter by partition to browse the bars, 00’s of improvements in the design modules…
- A new synchronization mechanism to exchange and synchronize models and engineering data between Revit®, Advance Steel® and Advance Design®.
- Several improvements in Advance PowerPack for Advance Steel regarding the Stairs & Railings which will give users the possibility to control how the railing assemblies and subassemblies are built: connections for panels – fixing lugs, specific weld connections and many other improvements.
- Tens of miscellaneous features considering our user’s requests worldwide to improve efficiency on the daily use.
The release 2022 can be downloaded from here
POWERPACK – New Synchronization Mechanism
The New Synchronization Mechanism comes to complete the two existing commands for Import and Export, using the GTCX file format.
The main benefits of the new synchronization mechanism are:
- Possibility to bring the changes made in the Advance Design model without losing the information already available in the Advance Steel model.
- Control any detail of the synchronization process:
- Available in all platforms.
POWERPACK FOR REVIT – General IMPROVEMENTS
For this new Release of PowerPack for Revit, most novelties are relative to improvements on existing commands to both boost daily productivity and efficiency for multi discipline Revit users.
To make the access of features easier and quicker, the global ribbon was optimized by grouping commands into drop drown icons and by providing dedicated filters per discipline (Architecture, MEP, Engineering). Thus, using those filters will load a predefined configuration for displaying the most adapted features per discipline.
To help users to customize drawings with dimension lines, the Quick Dimension tools was significantly improved. Now, users need only to click two points and all dimensions lines will be created and all Revit elements which intersected those lines will be marked in the dimension line.
Another topic was addressed in this release to Still to simplify and speed up the drawing phases especially for formwork drawings. PowerPack for Revit will propose a unique new tool to automate local section placement in Revit views. Users will be able to customize the local section with some options, automatically generate all local sections on specified Revit views and manage updates in case of modifications.
PowerPack for Revit provides a nice tool which automates the creation of openings on structural elements based on an MEP file made in Revit. This Pipe opening command manages several Revit categories such as pipe or duct. This new release extends the previous capabilities by including cable trays.
POWERPACK PREMIUM CONCRETE – Detailing Tools
PowerPack enables quick and consistent rebar cage generation for structural elements. Now those rebar cages integrate a better rebar constraint management using rebar constraint notion in Revit. Thus, the transversal stirrups created with the tool are automatically constrained to the concrete cover and longitudinal rebars are constrained to stirrup or to each other. Like this, rebar placement will have a more consistent behavior in case of formwork modification.
The slab module which enables reinforcement placement in a dedicated interface was improved with two options. First, a new option to create group of slabs, allows to work with multi-selection of slabs. Secondly, it now possible to display the formwork under the slab as underlay.
The previous command Generate Drawings has been replaced by a completely new interface and a new views and sheets generator mechanism. This new tool manages an additional Revit category which are walls. In addition, it will be possible to automate bending detail placement and many other settings.
The tool Cut Opening in Rebars Set can work now with a selection of more than one rebars set. To create an opening in a rebar set, users just have to select all rebar set to be cut.
POWERPACK FOR ADVANCE STEEL – STAIRS & RAILINGS TOOLS
Starting with the 2022 version, the vertical plate welded on the tread from a grating, or a folded plate can have additional corner cuts, allowing to the user to better control and configure the connection between treads and stringer.
The new specific weld connection is offering multiple possibilities to control the connection between the elements of the railing.
New options to control the weld are available for Top, Middle and Grab rail.
The Middle handrail to post connections have been enhanced. In the 2022 version the user can define how the middle handrail is cut at post on sloped segments and set a gap from post.
Thanks to the tree mechanism, the welds can be defined independently and have a control on how the subassemblies are built and further connected on site.
The possibilities to connect the middle handrail and posts have been extended having now the possibility to use the Fixing lugs.
The main benefits of the fixing lugs are:
- Flexibility, control how the railing is built, allowing on-site connection of the rail sub-assemblies.
- Maintain the Railing macro
- Tree mechanism
- Copy the connection configuration.