Important Update: Hotfix for AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D
4 September 2017generalReading time 2MinPost view
Autodesk have released a Hotfix for Civil 3D and Map 3D 2018. I don’t know if you have noticed this one, but when you grip edit an arc or hover a vertex you get some unexpected results. For example, when grip editing the mouse moves away from the grip. When this happens you lose the hover menu:
This doesn’t happen straight away, it occurs when you try to edit the arc a second time. This fix is worth applying even if you haven’t come across it yet, because some time in the future, I’m sure you will.
Simply go here and download the update.
It’s not an executable this time, you will need to replace the arx file in the installation folder. The good news if you have a managed system, you probably wont have to get IT to do it.
Just do the following:
- Close all instances of AutoCAD
- Download the hotfix and extract the ZIP file to somewhere you can open it
- Go to this folder C:Program FilesAutodeskAutoCAD 2018Map
- Rename the file AcMapFeatureEntityUI.arx to AcMapFeatureEntityUI.bak to ensure you can recover it if needed.
- Place the new arx file you have just downloaded into the folder
- Launch AutoCAD Map 3D or Civil 3D
A nice easy fix for a Monday morning (at the time of writing :))
If you’d like to learn more about this and other Insfrastructure software, why not join our current free BIM webinars? Additionally, you can join our specialist autoCAD training courses or have one tailored to your needs.
If you’d like a quote or more information, please get in touch through the link below.