How GRAITEC methodologically accompanied and championed JCB Construction Canada as they move from CAD, to BIM, to a Cloud-based workflow.
Today, with the combined expertise of 115+ employees, JCB manages and builds medium- to large-scale projects from coast to coast, which include commercial and industrial development, institutional and multi-residential buildings. From their offices located on the South Shore of Montreal (Québec), in Toronto (Ontario) and St. John’s (Newfoundland), JCB carries out hundreds of projects annually, for clients across the nation.
For them, other than the getting employees on board with the plan and using the tools efficiently, JBC was also faced with the challenge of optimizing communication between headquarters, local offices, construction sites and project stakeholders to stay on time and on budget while the entire world was facing the COVID-19 pandemic. Desired business outcomes included: preventing costly mistakes in the field, creating better estimates, developing and documenting standards, centralizing files and establishing workflows for more efficient project and field management.
In this situation, they accepted to partner with GRAITEC. The mandate included:
1. Audit, needs assessment, and recommendations
2. Implementation plan for Autodesk Revit and Autodesk Construction Cloud
3. Help with standards and families creation
4. Training for all types of users
5. Technical support for users and BIM managers
6. Assistance with Navisworks and Autodesk Construction Cloud solutions such as Build, Collaborate Pro & Docs as products evolves